Tuesday, October 31, 2017

repentance prayer

PSALM 51
Have mercy on me, O God, according to thy great mercy,
And according to the multitude of thy commiserations. Take away mine iniquity wash  me more  amply from my iniquity and cleanse me from my sin. Because  I do know mine iniquity and my sin is before me always. To thee only have  I  sinned  and have  done evil before thee; that thou maybe justified in thy words    and may over come when thou art judged. For behold, I was conceived in iniquities and my mother  conceived me inn  sins.  For behold  thou shalt loved the  truth, the uncertain and hidden   things of thy wisdom, thou hast made  manifest to me. Thou   shall sprinkle me with hyssop  and I shall  be cleansed. Thou shall wash me  and I shall  be made whiter than snow.. To my hearing , thou shall give joy and gladness, and   the bones humbled shall rejoice. Turn away thy face from my sins, and wipe away all mine  iniquities. Create a clean heart in me O God  and renew  a right spirit in my bowels. Cast me  not away from thy face and thy Holy spirit, take not from me. Render unto me  the joy of the salvation and confirm  me with  the principal Spirit. I will teach the unjust thy ways and the Impious shall be converted to thee. Deliver me from bloods O God , the God of my salvation and my tongue shall exult for thy justice. Lord, thou will open my lips and my mouth shall shew  forth thy praise. Because  if thou would have had sacrifice,  I had verily given it with holocaust, thou will not be delighted. A Sacrifice  to God is an afflicted spirit, a contrite, a humbled heart, O God thou will not despise. Deal favorably O Lord in thy good will with zion that the walls in Jerusalem may be built up. Then shall thou accept sacrifice  of justice, oblations and holocausts, then  shall they  lay calves upon thine altar.

 1528 douai rheims bible

No comments:

Post a Comment