Saturday, January 6, 2018

penitence prayer before taking eucharistic communion

Seven Penitence Prayers For Taking Holy Communion At Home:
Psalm 6  -  6:1 Lord, do not rebuke me in your anger! Do not discipline me in your raging fury! 6:2 Have mercy on me, Lord, for I am frail! Heal me, Lord, for my bones are shaking! 6:3 I am absolutely terrified, and you, Lord – how long will this continue? 6:4 Relent, Lord, rescue me! Deliver me because of your faithfulness! 6:5 For no one remembers you in the realm of death, In Sheol who gives you thanks? 6:6 I am exhausted as I groan; all night long I drench my bed in tears; my tears saturate the cushion beneath me. 6:7 My eyes grow dim from suffering; they grow weak because of all my enemies. 6:8 Turn back from me, all you who behave wickedly, for the Lord has heard the sound of my weeping! 6:9 The Lord has heard my appeal for mercy; the Lord has accepted my prayer. 6:10 May all my enemies be humiliated and absolutely terrified! May they turn back and be suddenly humiliated!
psalm 32 - 32:1 How blessed is the one whose rebellious acts are forgiven, whose sin is pardoned! 32:2 How blessed is the one whose wrongdoing the Lord does not punish, in whose spirit there is no deceit. 32:3 When I refused to confess my sin, my whole body wasted away, while I groaned in pain all day long. 32:4 For day and night you tormented me; you tried to destroy me in the intense heat of summer. (Selah) 32:5 Then I confessed my sin; I no longer covered up my wrongdoing. I said, “I will confess my rebellious acts to the Lord.” And then you forgave my sins. (Selah) 32:6 For this reason every one of your faithful followers should pray to you while there is a window of opportunity. Certainly when the surging water rises, it will not reach them. 32:7 You are my hiding place; you protect me from distress. You surround me with shouts of joy from those celebrating deliverance.(Selah) 32:8 I will instruct and teach you about how you should live. I will advise you as I look you in the eye. 32:9 Do not be like an unintelligent horse or mule, which will not obey you unless they are controlled by a bridle and bit. 32:10 An evil person suffers much pain, but the Lord’s faithfulness overwhelms the one who trusts in him. 32:11 Rejoice in the Lord and be happy, you who are godly! Shout for joy, all you who are morally upright!
psalm 38 - A psalm of David, written to get God’s attention. 38:1 O Lord, do not continue to rebuke me in your anger! Do not continue to punish me in your raging fury! 38:2 For your arrows pierce me,and your hand presses me down. 38:3 My whole body is sick because of your judgment; I am deprived of health because of my sin. 38:4 For my sins overwhelm me; like a heavy load, they are too much for me to bear. 38:5 My wounds are infected and starting to smell, because of my foolish sins. 38:6 I am dazed and completely humiliated; all day long I walk around mourning. 38:7 For I am overcome with shame and my whole body is sick. 38:8 I am numb with pain and severely battered; I groan loudly because of the anxiety I feel. 38:9 O Lord, you understand my heart’s desire; my groaning is not hidden from you. 38:10 My heart beats quickly; my strength leaves me; I can hardly see. 38:11 Because of my condition, even my friends and acquaintances keep their distance; my neighbors stand far away. 38:12 Those who seek my life try to entrap me; those who want to harm me speak destructive words; all day long they say deceitful things. 38:13 But I am like a deaf man – I hear nothing; I am like a mute who cannot speak. 38:14 I am like a man who cannot hear and is incapable of arguing his defense. 38:15 Yet I wait for you, O Lord! You will respond, O Lord, my God! 38:16 I have prayed for deliverance, because otherwise they will gloat over me; when my foot slips they will arrogantly taunt me. 38:17 For I am about to stumble, and I am in constant pain. 38:18 Yes, I confess my wrongdoing, and I am concerned about my sins. 38:19 But those who are my enemies for no reason are numerous; those who hate me without cause out number me. 38:20 They repay me evil for the good I have done; though I have tried to do good to them, they hurl accusations at me. 38:21 Do not abandon me, O Lord! My God, do not remain far away from me! 38:22 Hurry and help me, O Lord, my deliverer
PSALM 51 - REPENTANCE 51:1 Have mercy on me, O God, because of your loyal love! Because of your great compassion, wipe away my rebellious acts! 51:2 Wash away my wrongdoing! Cleanse me of my sin! 51:3 For I am aware of my rebellious acts; I am forever conscious of my sin. 51:4 Against you, you above all, I have sinned; I have done what is evil in your sight. 51:5 So you are just when you confront me; you are right when you condemn me. Look, I was guilty of sin from birth, a sinner the moment my mother conceived me. 51:6 Look, you desire integrity in the inner man; you want me to possess wisdom. 51:7 Sprinkle me with water and I will be pure; wash me and I will be whiter than snow. 51:8 Grant me the ultimate joy of being forgiven! May the bones you crushed rejoice! 51:9 Hide your face from my sins! Wipe away all my guilt! 51:10 Create for me a pure heart, O God! Renew a resolute spirit within me! 51:11 Do not reject me! Do not take your Holy Spirit away from me! 51:12 Let me again experience the joy of your deliverance! Sustain me by giving me the desire to obey! 51:13 Then I will teach rebels your merciful ways, and sinners will turn to you. 51:14 Rescue me from the guilt of murder, O God, the God who delivers me! Then my tongue will shout for joy because of your deliverance. 51:15 O Lord, give me the words! Then my mouth will praise you. 51:16 Certainly you do not want a sacrifice, or else I would offer it; you do not desire a burnt sacrifice. 51:17 The sacrifices God desires are a humble spirit, O God, a humble and repentant heart, you will not reject. 51:18 Because you favor Zion, do what is good for her! Fortify the walls of Jerusalem! 51:19 Then you will accept the proper sacrifices, burnt sacrifices and whole offerings; then bulls will be sacrificed on your altar
PSALM 102 - REPENTANCE 102:1 O Lord, hear my prayer! Pay attention to my cry for help! 102:2 Do not ignore me in my time of trouble! Listen to me! When I call out to you, quickly answer me! 102:3 For my days go up in smoke, and my bones are charred like a fire- place. 102:4 My heart is parched and withered like grass, for I am unable to eat food. 102:5 Because of the anxiety that makes me groan, my bones protrude from my skin. 102:6 I am like an owl in the wilderness; I am like a screech owl among the ruins. 102:7 I stay awake; I am like a solitary bird on a roof. 102:8 All day long my enemies taunt me; those who mock me use my name in their curses. 102:9 For I eat ashes as if they were bread, and mix my drink with my tears, 102:10 because of your anger and raging fury. Indeed, you pick me up and throw me away. 102:11 My days are coming to an end, and I am withered like grass. 102:12 But you, O Lord, rule forever, and your reputation endures. 102:13 You will rise up and have compassion on Zion. For it is time to have mercy on her, for the appointed time has come.
Psalm 130 A song of ascents. 130:1 From the deep water I cry out to you, O Lord. 130:2 O Lord, listen to me! Pay attention to my plea for mercy 130:3 If you, O Lord, were to keep track of sins, O Lord, who could stand before you? 130:4 But you are willing to forgive, so that you might be honored. 130:5 I rely on the Lord, I rely on him with my whole being; I wait for his assuring word. 130:6 I yearn for the Lord, more than watchmen do for the morning, yes, more than watchmen do for the morning. 130:7 O Israel, hope in the Lord, for the Lord exhibits loyal love, and is more than willing to deliver. 130:8 He will deliver Israel from all the consequences of their sins.
Psalm 143 A psalm of David. 143:1 O Lord, hear my prayer! Pay attention to my plea for help! Because of your faithfulness and justice, answer me! 143:2 Do not sit in judgment on your servant, for no one alive is innocent before you. 143:3 Certainly my enemies chase me. They smash me into the ground. They force me to live in dark regions, like those who have been dead for ages. 143:4 My strength leaves me; I am absolutely shocked. 143:5 I recall the old days; I meditate on all you have done; I reflect on your accomplishments. 143:6 I spread my hands out to you in prayer; my soul thirsts for you in a parched land. 143:7 Answer me quickly, Lord! My strength is fading. Do not reject me, or I will join those descending into the grave. 143:8 May I hear about your loyal love in the morning, for I trust in you. Show me the way I should go, because I long for you. 143:9 Rescue me from my enemies, O Lord! I run to you for protection. 143:10 Teach me to do what pleases you, for you are my God. May your kind presence lead me into a level land. 143:11 O Lord, for the sake of your reputation, revive me! Because of your justice, rescue me from trouble! 143:12 As a demonstration of your loyal love, destroy my enemies! Annihilate all who threaten my life, for I am your servant.

No comments:

Post a Comment